As the saying goes, "Good questions inform, great questions transforms," we have compiled below a list of frequently asked questions we often receive about our solutions.
• Why is your device more reliable and less prone to interferences or errors?
Our cyanide monitoring system requires no user input, calibration, manual calculation or preparation of reagents. Additionally, our handheld device can identify errors in the measurement and prompt the operator to repeat the measurement. Unlike, traditional methods like silver nitrate titration, our solution is also less prone to interferences from other metals and compounds like copper, zinc, iron, nickel, silver, thiocyanate, carbonates or samples with pH below 12.
• What cyanide concentration range does your solution measure?
Our test cartridges can be customised according to the desired concentration range and measurement resolution (standard ranges are 0-1 ppm, 1-30 ppm, 10-100 ppm, 30-300 ppm, 50-500 ppm).
• Why does your device require no calibration?
The solution is pre-calibrated and ready-to-use upon delivery. Our solution also has an internal calibration against a defined standard. With every measurement, the device analyses the colour change and uses an AI-based algorithm to determine the calculation of free cyanide. The device also performs a blank measurement with every actual measurement to account for any sensor drift or any other potential error.
• Can salinity in the sample impact test results from your solution? What are some other interferences that can impact test results using your solution?
Salinity has no impact on test results. Some of our partners have rather high salinity in the slurry, and it does not undermine the accuracy of the test results when using our solution. Likewise, commonly interfering metals like copper and zinc do not affect our test results. In some cases, higher concentrations of free sulfide may affect measurements, but our method can be adapted to remove sulfides before the measurement.
• What are the sample composition requirements?
Our solution works with virtually liquid (aqueous) samples. You can even test slurries with up to 60% solids weight for weight (w/w) directly without a prior, lengthy prefiltration procedure.
• Does real-time upload work anywhere?
Yes. The upload works anywhere if you have access to a mobile network or Wi-Fi network. If neither is available, we set up a UHF network for your convenience.
• Can I access data to several mine sites as a corporate metallurgist who consult to all of them at the same time?
Yes, that is possible and is also one of our advantages. Off-site metallurgists or engineers can be provided with access to the data when they consult different mines remotely and concurrently.
• Which process control platforms do you support?
We support standard process control platforms like ABB Ability, Siemens' SIMATIC and ThyssenKrupp's POLCID but can also customise the data integration according to the platform you are using.
• How long does it take to implement your solution?
The training takes 15 minutes per operator. In a standard setup, the entire solution is up and running within 24 hours.
• Where do you ship? Are there any shipping restrictions?
We offer worldwide shipping. Our solution is non-hazardous and can be shipped anywhere globally without any shipping restrictions.